Skip the mall, shop online instead – it’s ecommerce’s advantage for the lazy or not-to-be-bothered. But, ecommerce’s equivalent of late-night, last-minute shopping is approaching for several retailers.
StellaService surveyed more than 50 top retailers to determine the last opportunity to order products to be delivered by Christmas Day via standard shipping.
Several retailers have helpful callouts on their homepage that outline the cutoff dates for ordering with varying tiers of shipping speeds. And, others, as of press time, provided zero guidance about holiday delivery beyond their standard delivery days information.
To compile the list, StellaService noted the stated cutoff times on the retailers’ websites. If the retailer did not provide a holiday cutoff time, StellaService used the retailer’s standard shipping estimate to determine the last day to order.
StellaService Analysts found prominent callouts for holiday cutoffs to be a big help, adding confidence to their shopping process. Analysts said they were flustered by retailers that buried the information in FAQ pages. It’s also worth noting that when StellaService Analysts asked CSRs at several retailers about the last day for standard shipping they received inconsistent information.
And, in a few instances, a retailer had conflicting information listed in different sections of the website.
If shoppers hope to order presents with standard shipping for retailers like Dell.com, Shopping.HP.com or Shop.lululemon.com, you have just a few more days to make your list and check it twice, as cutoff for those retailers is Dec. 13.
For those champion procrastinators out there, retailers like Sears.com, Macys.com, Nordstrom.com and JCrew.com will accept orders to be delivered by Christmas until Dec. 21.
Here’s the full list with cutoff dates and times (all times Eastern):
The link takes you to the retailer’s StellaService profile.
- Abercrombie.com: Dec. 19 at Noon
- Adidas.com: Dec. 16 at Noon
- Amazon.com: Dec. 18 at Noon
- BarnesandNoble.com: Dec. 17 at Noon (Products other than Nook)
- Belk.com: Dec. 21 at 1 p.m.
- BestBuy.com: Dec. 20 at 3 p.m.
- BrooksBrothers.com: Dec. 17 at Noon
- Cabelas.com: Dec. 18 at 10 p.m.
- Chicos.com: Dec. 18 at 11:59 p.m.
- Coach.com: Dec. 22 at 11:59 p.m.
- Costco.com: Dec. 17 at Noon
- Dell.com: Dec. 17 at 11 a.m.
- DeerGear.com: Dec. 20 at 5 p.m.
- DicksSportingGoods.com: Dec. 18 at Midnight
- Dillards.com: Dec. 19 at Midnight
- Eastbay.com: Dec. 19 at 9 p.m.
- FinishLine.com: Dec. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
- FootLocker.com: Dec. 19 at 9 p.m.
- Gap.com: Dec. 19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Harborfreight.com: Dec. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
- HomeDepot.com: Dec. 16 at Noon
- HSN.com: Dec. 13 at Noon
- JCrew.com: Dec. 21 at 11:59 p.m.
- KateSpade.com: Dec. 20 at 11 p.m.
- Kohls.com: Dec. 19 at Midnight
- LaneBryant.com: Dec. 18 at Noon
- Lowes.com: Dec. 20 at Noon
- Macys.com: Dec. 21 at Noon
- Modcloth.com: Dec. 13 at Midnight
- MrPorter.com: Dec. 19 at Noon
- Net-a-Porter.com: Dec. 19 at 1 p.m.
- Newegg.com: Dec. 16 at Noon
- Nordstrom.com: Dec. 21 at 11 p.m.
- OfficeDepot.com: Dec. 20 at Noon
- OfficeMax.com: Dec. 18 at 3 p.m.
- PotteryBarn.com: Dec. 20 at Noon
- RalphLauren.com: Dec. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
- REI.com: Dec. 23 at 1 p.m.
- RevZilla.com: Dec. 18 at 3 p.m.
- Sears.com: Dec. 21 at 5 p.m.
- Shop.lululemon.com: Dec. 18 at Noon
- ShopJustice.com: Dec. 19 at 10 a.m.
- Shopping.HP.com: Dec. 16 at 10 p.m.
- Staples.com: Dec. 23 at Noon
- Store.Apple.com: Dec. 19 at Midnight
- Store.Sony.com: Dec. 16
- Talbots.com: Dec. 20 at 3 p.m.
- TheLimited.com: Dec. 20 at 2 p.m.
- UnderArmour.com: Dec. 19 at 1 p.m.
- UrbanOutfitters.com: Dec. 18 at 10 a.m.
- VictoriasSecret.com: Dec. 16 at 5 p.m.
- Walmart.com: Dec. 19 at Noon
- Williams-Sonoma.com: Dec. 20 at Noon
- Zappos.com: Dec. 23 at 7 p.m.
Want your company’s cutoff date added to the list? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.